So today Apple fan boys (including me) were drooling as Steve revealed the long-awaited mac tablet. Although it looks aaaamazing the name kinda made me worry a bit. The iPad? Really Steve? Whoever names these products needs to make sure they understand the jokes that can be amassed from the product name. The iTab would have been my choice, but unfortunately Apple hasn’t responded to my application yet, so maybe next year.
I have nothing to say about the design, because let’s be honest, this is beautiful. I do; however, have some gripes about a number of missing features and options I wish they had included in the 1st generation for this device.
- Camera – Why spend all that money and not have an iSight in there?
- Multi-Tasking – Obviously they also need this for the iPhone and I agree with a statement by Kevin Rose on his blog about this topic. Apple should at least make it possible for you to run 2 or 3 apps at the same time.
- Display Port – Let’s make it so you can show off your content on a bigger screen.
- 3G coverage with other providers – Please don’t just use AT&T!!! I feel like this is a cry from the Israelites in Egypt that isn’t being heard by God. People hate AT&T that have the iPhone, so lets not dance around this issue anymore and at least pick up Verizon.
- Pen – This one is more of just my personal wish than of the masses, but I want to see a pen for this tablet in the near future before I buy this.
- Battery – It is a pain in the butt. Just let us be able to replace it instead of trying to make us fork over more money to have Steve Jobs replace it for a “small” fee.
I really want to buy this computer and would even have it replace my laptop. I am also a graphic designer and could see this being an amazing tool for me and others, but it isn’t there yet. I also have some questions about some of the features such as the ability to read books. Will this screen cause strain on my eyes? They never addressed this issue in the keynote or in the descriptions on Apple’s website. Other than these things I think this is an awesome product and will be buying one once my MacBook craps the bed (crossing my fingers for later and not sooner).