It’s that time of year again, the end of the year, when we review our past year and attempt to make improvements upon ourselves for the one to come. My resolutions for this past year were these:
- Be frugal with my money
- Save money for a car
- Get better with CSS and HTML
- Switch my site over from Flash to CSS based
- Accept Gingers as human beings
- Read 3 new books
- Practice my fine art skills (Painting, Drawing, Sculpting maybe)
- Finish Final Fantasy 7
- Try more wines
I am sorry to say I didn’t complete the list, but even getting though the ones I did was good enough for me. Here is the review.
I tried being more frugal with my money, but failed. I am now using Mint.com to budget my money better, so it’s a slow process.
I didn’t have to save money for a car, my pops bought me one as a graduation present…pretty bad ass.
Next was improving my HTML and CSS skills, I wouldn’t say I’m a wizard at it yet, but I have improved a lot.
I still haven’t switched my website over to CSS/HTML based…I did take down my Flash site and started using Carbonmade.com as an online portfolio though.
I did succeed in graduating from college, bonus.
The gingers thing will never happen.
I did read some books this year, but only 2 new ones.
I never practiced my fine art skills, but I am gonna roll that one over to this year too.
Finally, FINALLY! I beat Final Fantasy 7…it was epic to say the least.
And I tried a ton of new wines, most I didn’t even have to buy. Ahhh the benefits of working at a liquor store.
Now with this year in my mind I now make my 2011 Resolutions list in the hopes that I may continue to personal revolutionize my life for the better.
- Being frugal with my money (loans are a pain, gotta do it)
- Finish my website and not use tables to do it!
- Update my portfolio
- Finish the freelance projects on my plate
- Upgrade from my crappy Macbook to either an iPad or an Air
- Develope my fine art skills (oil painting, watercolor, sculpting)
- Lose weight (have to use that gym in our basement, seriously)
That is a very daunting list, but I am hoping to complete more than half of this at least.
And yes, I will never accept these things.